Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Missing Amy

I haven't been overly vocal and try to not be whiny, especially since I know I'm not the only one feeling this way... and I apologize for this post because it's entirely selfish.

I really miss Amy.

Every single day, it seems as though I have something I want to share with her at every moment. I go to reach for my phone to text her, or look at plurk hoping to see one of her cheerful or nerdy posts and then sadness washes over me all over again.  Something just feels "off" in the world, like the earth has shifted out of balance.  I sometimes feel like I'm having an out of body experience as I watch the hustle and bustle of the world going on around me.  Then I get angry "HOW DARE THE WORLD GO ON, DOESN'T IT KNOW IT SHOULDN'T BE?".

The rest of the world  may go on, but right now, mine is at a standstill, or at the most a slow crawl.

My faith is what is comforting me right  now.  I feel the sadness but then I think, Amy's right here with me in spirit and she probably saw it coming that I was going to twist my ankle.  That's what I get for making my leg go numb by how I was sitting.

*sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment