Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My Newest Tattoo

For my birthday in September, my husband paid for me to get the tattoo I've been wanting for years;  a cupcake.  Not just any cupcake, but the cupcake tattoo I've envisioned that has a diamond on top instead of the typical cherry.  EVERYONE knows (or now knows thanks to reading this blog post) that I love sparkles just as much as I love cupcakes!  After Amy's passing, it became more important to me to get my tattoo because I asked the tattoo artist to also incorporate Amy's "Leaf on the Wind" tattoo into it.  I considered getting it as a separate tattoo but I wanted the tattoo to be unique to me and in a way it symbolizes Amy and I's friendship.

Amy has been my friend for as long as I have loved cupcakes (I still don't like eating them, I just like the way they look lol).  The cupcake has always been in one way,shape or form a part of my SL business logo (and it still is if you look very carefully).  She was always such a huge supporter of my store and even though we both made jewelry at the time, we always had the utmost respect for one another.  I have so many memories of sharing a building platform, yelling at inanimate prims and creating things as we bounced ideas off each other.  She inspired me as I can only hope I inspired her.

So, I got my cupcake tattoo intermixed with Amy's "Leaf on the Wind" tattoo and it not only memorializes our friendship but symbolizes the supportive bond we shared. I like to think Amy's still watching over me and I hope she likes it.  In my head I can imagine her voice saying "awww, that's sweet!" in a way only Amy could.

I still miss her so much, every day.



P.S. please excuse the dry skin.  And if you're wondering why I didn't get it colored in, it's because I wanted it to be almost exact to what Amy's tattoo was.

I also found out, her brother will soon be getting her "Leaf on the Wind" tattoo in honor of her, with Mama Lauren's blessing.

Amy's "Leaf on the Wind" tattoo

No comments:

Post a Comment